Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Update

I went out of town and was not able to work on the boat last weekend. I checked it today because we had a lot of rain over the weekend and it leaks from where the crack is on the aft starboard side of the cabin. The pictures to the right show where the previous owner had tried to putty it.

There was some water in the hull so I ran the bilge pump and got most of it out. I did not realize how much water would get into it when it rained because it had been in a covered marina slip. I would have to cover the entire boat to keep it from leaking because the crack is toward the back in the trough that carries the water off the back of the boat from the front and top. Fixing the crack had always been part of the plan, but it looks like I probably need to move it higher on the to-do list.

I probably will not be able to get to it this week because I am going out of town on Wednesday and will not be back until Sunday. If I get a chance, I may try to remove the rail and the walkway near where it needs to be fixed so I can get to it easier. If I do, I will post some pictures of it.

No comments: