Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hull/Outdrives

Yesterday, I received some cleaner that I had ordered to clean the hull. I tried it in a couple of places and it worked pretty well. It looks llike it is going to do fine cleaning the fiberglass hull but I still need to get something to clean the algae and other marine growth from the bottom. I found some stuff called Algae strip I think I am going to order.

 

Also based on some research I did yesterday, the outdrives may not be a complete loss. If I can just have them rebuilt instead of having to replace them, I will save a few thousand dollars. I will be checking a llittle further into that this week.

 

I leave in the morning for Breckenridge, Colorado. A couple of my friends/business partners and I make this trip every year. Usually we go in December but we waited a little later this time. The three of us go every year and we also invite at least one other person along that would be a good business contact for all of us. This year a guy from Mississippi that sells computer and technology services is going. He is interested in selling my software to some of his existing customers so I think it will be a good trip. We do a little business, a little skiing and a lot of eating. Although I didn’t ski last year at all and I don’t think I will ski much this year.

 

If I find out anything this week on the outdrives, I will post it.

 

No comments: