Friday, February 15, 2008

Background on Boat

After looking for quite some time, I found this boat at Huxley Bay Marina on Toledo Bend Reservoir in Huxley, TX. I bought it in March of 2007 and it remained at Huxley Bay until last week. The boat is a 1973 Nauta-line. It is 14' wide and 43' long. It sleeps 6-8.

The man I bought it from had started remodeling it and was about half finished. He had rewired and re-plumbed it, but had done so with the intention of it never leaving the marina. The wiring is 110 and the plumbing bypasses the holding tanks. I am going to completely redo the whole thing- new wiring, new plumbing, new walls, and new floors. It’s going to be a lot of work, but I wanted something I could fix the way I wanted.

It has been in the marina at Huxley Bay and has not been started in several years. I am not sure what we are going to get into with the motors. It has twin 225 HP Mercruisers. I expect to completely replace the outdrives, but I am hoping we can get the engines running without too much trouble.

There is a little bit of fiberglass work to do on the aft starboard side of the cabin where it is cracked. Other than a few other scratches and scrapes here and there, the hull seems to be in good shape. There is a little rot in the transom that will have to be repaired. The outside will also get repainted and the hull will be gel coated.

I am anxious to get it completed and in the water, but I am also looking forward to working on it to get it like I want.

In the next post, I will tell about getting it home.

No comments: