Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Latest

I have not done much to the boat in the last week or two. As I posted before, what I thought was going to be a structural problem and was causing a major leak turned out to be a very minor hole. It was covered with about 2 tubes of caulk from the previous owner, so it looked worse that it actually was.

It seems the water was actually getting in around the hatch in the front storage area. There are 2 ports that drain water from area around this hatch and both were clogged and did not drain at all. We got these cleaned out and I think we have the water problem resolved. I removed the depth finder transducer from the bottom which left a one inch hole that allows the water to drain, so either way there will not be any water collecting in the hull for a while.

The next steps should be the easiest. I plan to remove all the light fixtures, switches, outlets, cabinets, etc. Then we will be ripping out the wall coverings and floors so I can get to the stringers in the floor which I expect to have to replace. From there I can start building the interior back.

I found an operator’s manual which provides quite a bit of information on the original Nauta-Line boats. There is a link to it on the right if anyone is interested in looking at it.

1 comment:

Cathy Miller said...

All right! Ripping things out! Th Miller boys are EXCELLENT at that! Just say the word and you'll have a small but energetic crew!